Sales Skills and Strategies for the Retail Environment
Up to 12 per session.
A blended learning programme usually delivered over a 6-9 week period.
- 2 hours’ pre-work in the GBB Coaching & Consultancy Learning Portal.
- 1x Full-day (6 hours) live training event with your expert facilitator.
- 2 hours’ consolidation work in the GBB Coaching & Consultancy Learning Portal.
- 3x 45 minute video coaching calls with your expert facilitator to help you implement your learning.
Why choose this programme?
This programme is about maximising potential from every sale, through careful questioning, genuine rapport building and intelligent adaptation of the product presentation. It deals with creating value for the customer by recognising where your product or service meets their genuine needs. The enemy of many sales conversations is assumption – we know our product well and have had hundreds of conversations with potential customers so can anticipate what questions there will be, what objections, which competitors may be at play and the potential of each customer to buy. With all good intention, that leads many sales people to miss opportunities to listen carefully to their customer and so they miss the opportunities to upsell, cross-sell and close more business. This programme breaks down the techniques and supports participants to build their own strategies based on the product they sell and the environment they work in. Whatever product you offer – insurance, cars, jewellery, clothing, design, finance, cosmetics or anything else – our sales techniques will drive confident, customer-centric, successful sales behaviours.
Who should attend this programme?
This programme is designed for Sales people working in a consumer or retail market place and particularly for those who are targeted on their sales performance. It is suitable for those who work face-to-face with clients and those who are telephone or virtual-office based. The programme is suitable for managers and supervisors to help them understand the skills and behaviours they need to be supporting in their teams.
- Wants and needs analysis.
- Mapping the Sales Process.
- Assessing the sales experience you currently provide.
- Features Advantages and Benefits – adding proof and personalisation to create an irresistible offer.
- Sales skill sets.
Live Training Experience:
- Establishing rapport in a sales environment.
- Construction of a winning conversation.
- Understanding your personal communication traits and putting your strengths to best use.
- Adapting your offer.
- Upsell, cross-sell and mis-sell.
- Putting it all into play with practice.
- Deconstructing a sales conversation.
- Identifying sales opportunities.
- Putting your actions into place.
- Measuring your own success.
- Support to practice and implement the skills learned.
- Measurement of effectiveness using new skills.
Not Quite What You're Looking For?
If these programmes don’t seem to quite hit the spot, talk to us about what you’re trying to achieve. We’ve taken the very best bits of well over 70 unique pieces of training that we have delivered for organisations over the years to create these programmes; but that means there is an awful lot we’ve had to leave out. Maybe we have just the solution you’re looking for in one of our other courses...